Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Camp Crisis!

Hello Friends and Family of Wyoba,

We are in desperate need of camp cooks from July 6th to August 2nd!!! Like this is a crisis folks!!! We have a week and a half to find a head cook and an assistant cook for our American Baptist camps. If we do not have cooks- WE WILL NOT HAVE CAMP or everyone will be eating sandwiches for every meal!!! That is how serious this matter is! So if you care about having camp at Wyoba this summer, please spread the word, volunteer, sign up to at least help in the kitchen, be our cook- we will pay you, something, anything.

I am at a complete loss for resources at this point. Karen Van and I have posted this job at all the places we can think of (Wyoming Workforce, culinary schools, Seminaries, colleges, Facebook, etc.). I have sent out numerous e-mails to everyone that I can think of who would help or at least spread the word. If you have ideas please e-mail me or call, we are willing to try anything at this point.

We did have cooks for Camp Hope, but we no longer have any after this week. This is at minimum a HUGE prayer concern! It may take a miracle to find the staff for these positions!

I have been in the kitchen spending numerous hours a day and closing it up every night to make sure meals get out, 16-hour days are not spend there, and the cooks for this week do not burn out. I am absolutely willing to serve and step-in where needed, however my other duties have been getting neglected. I have been staying up until midnight every night so the cooks can go to bed to get up early for breakfast. This is absolutely NOT ABOUT ME, but about a HUGE NEED that this camp has- HELP! If you were not aware that camp had a need, now you know. Please get on board and help in any way you can- prayer, financial support, volunteer for a few hours or a day, spread the word.

If Wyoba is going to stay around, it needs all of its churches, friends, and family to help out and get on board completely! I believe that God is bigger than this, but He also asks us to be His hands and feet.

I am trusting in God's faithfulness, but I am most definitely concerned for this camp, especially this summer!

In His Service,
~Amber Shearer
Camp Wyoba Administrator
307-234-6240
wyoba@abcrm.org

No comments: