Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Lord Answers Prayers

Last week was quite a rough week here at Wyoba. Many obstacles formed and a lot of things broke down. These unforeseen events made me grow closer to the Lord and trust Him more. I believe that it is in the places where God is working the most, are the same places that Satan is working all the more to deter God's work. It is easy to forget that not only do I have a job as Camp Administrator with responsibilities, but I also have a job in ministry that effects lives. My duties at camp in the long run could possibly have an eternal impact on lives that visit this property. It is when we face difficulties and obstacles in our life that God's strength and power can show through our weaknesses and circumstances that are out of our control. In my case this week, when the tractor broke, when the water system had issues, when the cook quit, when the kitchen hot water tank was spewing water everywhere  (the list went on) -God still sustained me, He gave me the strength to face the crisis, and provided me the resources and people I needed to fix everything. It was in those moments when I was not in control that I relied on the Holy Spirit for guidance and strength. God showed up when I prayed. God showed up when you prayed.

This post has nothing to do with me, but about everything that God has done here. I know that there were many people praying for me, praying for the camp, praying for the challenges that were going on here. I thank you so much for every prayer that went up! The amazing thing about God is that He is faithful and loving! When His people stopped to pray and many of those prayers went up in desperation, He listened and faithfully answered them. I believe that we have not because we ask not, so we need to ask. He has given us a new experienced cook that is a veteran in the kitchen, an assistant cook who has a willing spirit to dig in and get dirty, and some extra kitchen support to plan menus and train the kitchen staff. We had no kitchen staff lined up last week and within a week God moved and granted a rather large request. I believe that He has gone above and beyond our request.

A new tractor is in the works, the water system and hot water tank were fixable, and many other needs are being met. Do we serve a MIGHTY, AWESOME, FAITHFUL God or what!?!? Can I get an AMEN!?

A thought comes to mind that Wyoba must be in God's favor for His faithfulness to be so abundant. Would you agree? I have heard from numerous people that God is ever present on Casper Mountain. People feel His presence as soon as they enter the property and they leave feeling full of the Holy Spirit. Living here for over a month now, I have experienced so many answered prayers, needs being met first-hand, and His faithfulness to this camp. That to me spells out favor.

Wyoba family and friends, keep praying! God is doing amazing things here and our campers this week have not even gotten here yet! I believe that God is going to do big, wonderful things this week! God is on the move at Wyoba, please be a part of it! There is nothing like serving a living God and experiencing the blessings of being His child.

I am praising the Lord that He has created direct communication to our Father God!
Blessings to you,
~Amber

No comments: